Friday, May 18

Just call me Betty Crocker.


When the sandals and nail polish creep out of the winter closet, you know it's time for summer. Of course, that's debatable with the weather in Utah, but I have high hopes that the sun is here to stay. One of my absolute favorite things to do is create lists... to the point where I will create a list after I’ve finished a task just so I can cross it off (I know, I’m pathetic.) Here is my bucket list dedicated to the upcoming season:


1)      Begin a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) training program. 


2)      Learn how to cook.


3)      Purchase some roller blades.


4)      Visit the aquarium.


5)      Build up some volunteer hours (at the hospital or an assisted living home.)


6)      Make lots of homemade ice cream.


7)      Gain a love for running.


8)      Go on at least one road trip with my boy.


9)      Plan a fishing trip.


10)   Learn how to become a wonderful wife. (This one should be easy.)


The past week or so I have been playing wife, so I’ve been focusing mainly on the whole “learning how to cook” goal. As some of you may know, my cooking skills are equivalent to a child’s… but I’m proud to say that I made FOUR whole meals for dinner last week. I didn’t snap a picture of every dish, but I managed to snag one from our panini night. The weekly favorite(drum roll please): Chicken Ranch Chili. I’ve listed the recipe below if any of you would like to indulge yourselves in its goodness.


CHICKEN RANCH CHILI
By: Heather Colby

1 can of Rotel tomatoes with chilies

1 can of corn

1 can of drained black beans

3 or 4 chicken breasts (can be frozen)

1 packet of dry ranch dressing

1 tablespoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of onion powder

1 teaspoon of chili powder

8 oz. of cream cheese

Put all the ingredients (except for the cream cheese) in a crock pot on medium heat for 5-6 hours. Shred chicken and add in cream cheese for the last 10 minutes. Pour over rice or chips. Enjoy!

P.S. The crock pot is my new best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS