Thursday, February 4

Family photos 2015


I'm a binge blogger. It's just what I do. I go months and months without writing and then suddenly I want to catch up on a year of my life. We got our family pictures taken a couple of months ago by the lovely Pepperfox photo. I'm so happy with how they turned out and I'm realizing how important documenting is when you have a baby. I'm already looking back on pictures saying, "oh my gosh! She was so tiny." Motherhood, man. Sometimes the days feel like an eternity, but the months are flying by. Mabel is already crawling and babbling like crazy. It sounds so cliche, but I just want to bottle her up and keep her little forever. She's so fun right now.  

Whenever people ask how being a mother is, the only way I can describe it is that every emotion is heightened times ten. It's ten times more joyous than I could have imagined, it's ten times more exhausting and frustrating than I could have imagined, and it's definitely ten times more rewarding than I could have ever imagined. Overall, I love being a mother. 

Kev and I have come a long way since having Mabel. I always thought that having a child would bring you closer as a couple, but for us it was just the opposite. It's almost like getting married again and adjusting to a new phase. We are finally back in the groove of things and working on keeping our relationship strong every day! I wouldn't be able to do this life without him.. or Mabel. They are my entire world. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your binge-blogging! cutest pictures <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your honesty. I feel like mine and my husbands relationship took a dip when we brought Paisley home with us. You said it perfectly, it is like getting married again and having to adjust to something totally new and foreign. thanks for this post! and BEAUTIFUL photos!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS