Wednesday, November 5

WE'RE HAVING A BABY

On September 2nd I woke up with a different feeling. I was happy. Not just your average good mood, It was a special feeling. I even asked myself throughout the day, “why am I so happy?” Little did I know my question would be answered a few hours later. My nursing school friends and I were just having some casual conversation while eating at Zupas. Background story: hopefully this isn’t TMI for you, but for the past two years I’ve had irregular menstrual cycles and I’ve always had horrendous cramps. My gynecologist once told me that he was almost positive I had endometriosis, so Kevin and I assumed it would take us awhile to get pregnant. Back to lunch with my friends: I mentioned to them that I was five days late, and one of them replied.. “well aren’t you always late?”… true. I’m having some weird cramping though.. “you always have bad cramps, right?”… also true. Then another girl chimed in, “you should just take a pregnancy test for fun!” I had my suspicions, because I had been pretty irritable lately along with this crazzzy amount of hunger. I felt like I couldn’t get enough to eat and was craving everything terrible for my body. 

I went home and tested. As I waited for the results I said to myself, “don’t get your hopes up, you’re always late.. plus you’ve only been trying for a month, it’s impossible.” All of the sudden I saw two pink lines… two pink lines that left me in complete shock. My jaw dropped, I felt like I couldn’t breathe, and then I was suddenly overcome with joy. I started bawling and jumping up and down, out of excitement and gratitude. I quickly said a prayer, thanking my Heavenly Father for such an incredible gift. As raced down the stairs, I chugged a gallon of water and headed straight for the Dollar Tree. I paced the aisles back and forth searching frantically for the pregnancy tests, while my mind was being bombarded with questions like, “is this real? This can’t be real!” I slapped five tests down on the checkout counter and raced home as fast as I could. I had to double check… err um quadruple check. I just couldn’t believe it. Sure enough, I was hovering over a pile of double pink lines… an out of body experience that I will never forget. The best part was yet to come… telling him.


To be continued…

3 comments:

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS