Saturday, July 18

2 months

Dear Mabel,
The other night as I was rocking you to sleep after your 2 am feeding.. I thought to myself, "man I'm tired, I just want to go back to bed." Then I started picturing you as a one year old that might not want to cuddle anymore, and then imagined you as a teenager that  may not like me very much, and then I thought of you getting married and focusing on the love of your life. Suddenly I wasn't tired anymore. Suddenly I wanted that moment of holding you to last forever. I've been trying to soak in every moment, Mabes... because I know that soon enough, these moments will be gone and I'll be longing to rock your tiny body to sleep. You have taught me so much about life and about myself in the short two months you've been here. You have taught me more about patience than I could have learned in a lifetime on my own.. You have taught me to love deeply and unconditionally, and you have taught me about why we are here and why we have families.. You have brought me more joy than I could have ever imagined, dear.. and I love you more than you will ever know. 

-Mom 

1 comment:

  1. She is so so beautiful and this makes me incredibly excited to become a mother someday. I absolutely love your blog!

    Adventures in Everyday Life

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS