Monday, January 9

Distance makes the heart grow fonder


A few weeks ago, my dear boy had the opportunity to visit Europe with one of his best friends. From the time he returned we had two short days together before I traveled south for a humanitarian project in Mexico. As cliché as it may sound, and based on experience I can say that distance doesmake the heart grow fonder. 










   
The incredible family we built for.


Team four! I will never forget this crew.



Before....



Just before we finished!




This trip was a very humbling experience for me. Physical labor for nine hours a day can be pretty tough, but at the end of the day when we gathered in a circle with our little mexican  family the gratitude in their faces gave me strength to keep working. I will never forget the joy and happiness I saw in the members down there and the relationships we built with this most deserving family.


3 comments:

  1. What a stark contrast of scenery between Kevin's and your trip! What a cool experience you had. I can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm equally jealous of Rome and Tijuana :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next year let's make it a double trip! Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS